Re: -I and Windows Share

> It'd seem to me you'd have an easier time of it if you mounted it in
> the kernel first (using mount -t cifs or mount -t smbfs) and then use -I
> and -L with the Linux mount point.
The [possible] problem I see with this is that on different
machines/distributions, the mount point is a moving target. For
exmple, take a look at the mount point when you insert a USB stick on
Ubuntu (its a GUID).

I don't really care how its mounted (auto mount by OS, browse to with
Network Browser (udevd?), etc) - I want to be able to get to it
unambiguously. And /smb://fileserver/fileshar/dir/ is unambiguous.

> Make the kernel do the work, not gcc.
Agreed. I'm trying to get someone to do the work for me ;)

Jeff