Re: Bug in Build System of gcc-4.5.1? Cannot Find libmpc.so.2

27.8.2010 14:58, Tom Browder kirjoitti:

I have been wrestling with building gcc-4.5.1 on an old Linux i686
machine running SuSE 10 with gcc-4.0.3.

I have updated libtools and m4.

I have successfully built gmp, mpfr, and mpc.

I have passed to configure the '--with-X=Y' options to where gmp,
mpfr, and mpc are installed.  I have defined LDFLAGS with the location
of their libraries.  I have passed the '--with-stage1-ldflags=X'
option with the same information.

All this, yet I still get a build failure with these messages in the
"gcc_build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc/config.log" (note the build
directory is outside the gcc source tree):

gcc version 4.5.1 (GCC)
/home/tmb/src/gcc_build/./gcc/cc1: error while loading shared
libraries: libmpc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I myself have gmp and mpfr preinstalled but let mpc and rest new stuff
be built with GCC. It seems that mpc will then be linked statically,
the resulting 'cc1's dont't require the libmpc.so.2 at runtime.
Generally this need causes non-portability, not every platform has a
libmpc.so.2 already installed. Of course the Linux-purists would vomit
if hearing someone copying binaries between systems...