Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : [GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

On 18 August 2010 15:43, charfi asma <charfiasma@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> your first link works as well, we have just to checkout from the gcc-dev
> directory.
>
> so both links are fine
>
> # git checkout -t -b documentation origin/documentation
> # git checkout --track -b gcalc origin/documentation
>
> Asma

Hope this helps you along the way, to building a front-end it looks
like a lot of pain in the beginning to setup bits and bobs, but gcc is
brilliant for build a new language on and the GENERIC tree api is
great although its quite daunting to get used to at the start.

Follow gcalc and maybe re-create it in your own way or build a new
basic language, then just go from there. Its not as painful as you may
think, once you get started you will be flying.

Let us know how you get on and remember we have the irc on
irc.oftc.net #gcc feel free to ask questions there too in a more
informal manor.

--Phil