Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : [GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

Hey Asma,

Thank you Andi for your suggestions, but I do not think that my shell is broken I am using the GNU bash, version 3.2.19(2)-release (i586-mandriva-linux-gnu)

Yes, I now don't think that the shell is broken either.

[charfi@is010178 ~]$ sh -version
GNU bash, version 3.2.19(2)-release (i586-mandriva-linux-gnu)

I created the 2 scripts as you suggest, and executed first.sh, I get this:

[charfi@is010178 ~]$ ./first.sh
START
SECOND
END SECOND
AFTER GCC

Okay, this approach was just too simple ...

I really need to add a front end to GCC.

And I would really be glad to help and assist you, but it currently seems to me that the problem is specific to your machine only and that it would be generally hard to find it.

However, maybe some of the suggestions/suspicions help:

* you mentioned that the config-lang.in file from the C++ front-end works without any problems even though both files, from the C++ front-end and the sample_fe front-end "look" equal. But maybe, something went wrong during the download or extraction of the archive (just for the case, here's a checksum of the file using the cksum utility

sample_fe config-lang.in
1684117529 427 config-lang.in

* alternatively (a bit more time-consuming), you could try to copy the config-lang.in from the C++ front-end to the sample_fe directory and successively change this file back to the contents of the sample_fe config-lang.in while checking which change really makes the problems

* if that all doesn't help, you could try to follow the suggestion of Philip to use his code for the python front-end with gcc-4.5.0

Best regards,
Andi

Have you any idea ?

thank you very much