Re: Re : [GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

Hey,

> I modified the sfe1.c as you suggested. previous error disappears
> but I get 2 other errors generated while calling make bootstrap

okay, that's not good. Usually, when working on a front-end, I disable the
 bootstrapping (using --disable-bootstrap) option to accelerate the build
to get the new front-end as fast as possible. Even though the Make-lang.in
of sample_fe isn't complete, it should be able to handle the bootstrap
case

But this error doesn't currenlty look like a problem to the bootstrapping.
Which version of GCC are you using for your tests? Still 4.1.0? If you're
still using 4.1.0, then the sample_fe might not work/build properly
because it was "developped" and tested for 4.4.0. If you face these
problems although you switched to 4.4.0, I need to re-check the
bootstrapping case.

If you however insist on using 4.1.0, I could prepare sample_fe for this
version?

> /usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
> ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:115: undefined reference to `main'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [gsfe] Erreur 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/charfi/Desktop/gccobj/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Erreur 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/charfi/Desktop/gccobj/gcc'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Erreur 2

The linker is missing the 'main' function which isn't - as of 4.4.0 - not
provided by the driver code, but by the GCC infrastructure (IIRC, gcc.c).
So, I assume that just a different object file is missing for the final
linking.

Andi