Re: Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : [GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

Hey,

> Thank you Andi and Philip for all your suggestions.
>
> In fact, The problem comes from the extraction of the sample_fe package ;)
> I redownload the skeleton of sample_fe from the blog and I did not get any
> errors when calling configure, make bootstrap and make install ;)

Great, that it worked now!

>     .file    "file1.sfe"
>     .ident    "GCC: (GNU) 4.4.4"
>     .section    .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits

Yes, you're using the correct front-end. I wrote into the blog, that this
static code was a long-term goal. The primary goal of the sample_fe was to
really just provide a skeleton without any contents.

We'll, basically, I already have the code but it is not in the package in
the blog. I could send you the code later this evening, but anyway, from
now on you need to look at multiple front-ends to check how they produce
code. The sample_fe should just provide you with the basic infrastructure.

But, as Philip already said, we're working on a more complete front-end
for demonstration purpose and for documentation purpose of the front-end
infrastructure.

Andi