Re: ins instruction is not produced in the assembly code (mips32r2)

> > I still not understand when the insn "insv" in target.md can be used
> > in the RTL representation of the code.
>
> I already told you in my previous message.  Did you not see it?
>
>  __builtin_mips_insv
>
> Andrew.

Hi Andrew, I did see it. But that's not exactly what I want.
Is the builtin function the only way to utilize ins instruction?
According to the webpage
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-05/msg02430.html, the builtin
functions are introduced for the DSP extension. As INS instruction is
introduced in MIPS32 R2 too(not exactly the same as in DSP extension),
I guess there must be another method to utilize ins instruction of
MIPS32R2 except inline asm or builtin functions.
More specifically, can gcc recognize the pattern of ins and output ins
instruction in the assembly file? Even for other cpu architecture(not
MIPS) which has similar instruction like ins.
I really appreciate your help.

-fanqifei