Re: FW: Defect in GCC 4.4.0 bfin Port : Wrong code generated while accessing multiple arrays with different loop index variables within loop (-Os option)

Meena wrote:

>          LSETUP (.L3, .L6) LC1 = P1;  <---- (1)
>          jump.s .L2;                  <---- (2)
>  .L3:
>          R2 = [P0++];
>          R3 = [P5++];
>          R2 *= R3;
>          R0 += 1;
>          R1 = R1 + R2;
>  .L2:
>          R2 = P2;                     <---- (3)
>  .L6:
>          P2 += 1;                     <---- (4)
>

> As per my understanding, when the control reaches within the loop i.e.
> marked instruction (2), the control get transfered to the label .L2.
> Then, it will execute the instructions (3) and (4). After executing
> these instructions, control will again reach to first instruction of
> loop i.e. (2). The above will be repeated for all iterations of loop.
> Thus, the instructions between labels .L3 and .L2 will never get
> executed.

No.  .L3 is the first instruction of the loop, as set up by LSETUP.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen