mac os x: error during linking of a shared lib

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the correct list as the error is reported by ld.

A friend is compiling a shared lib (that will be dlopend later by a program) on mac os x, and there is a problem during linking.

First, the source code of that shared lib is composed of 2 files (e_mod_config.c and e_mod_main.c). We compile it using the autotools.

The error message is

ld: duplicate symbol _e_configure_registry in .libs/e_mod_config.o
and .libs/e_mod_main.o

What is strange is that _e_configure_registry does not exist, in the 2 source file above, but even the the whole program (we grep it).

does someone has an idea ?

thank you

Vincent Torri