Re: mac os x: error during linking of a shared lib

Vincent Torri <vtorri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> ld: duplicate symbol _e_configure_registry in .libs/e_mod_config.o
> and .libs/e_mod_main.o
>
> What is strange is that _e_configure_registry does not exist, in the 2
> source file above, but even the the whole program (we grep it).

Run nm on the object files and see which symbols they define.

Try omitting the leading underscore, and search for
e_configure_registry.

The symbol must come from somewhere in your source code; it's not
coming from gcc.  The most likely place would be a header file
included by both source files.  Try running gcc -E to see everything
from the header files.

Ian