Re: Alignment issue on x86_64?

Rémi Cardona wrote:

While trying to slim down my current code to a comprehensive test-case, I found out that my original bug can also be "fixed" by moving the "utils_atom_get_property" function inside the same source file as the one calling it.

I'm sure all of the minor changes that fix or unfix the problem are just changing the value that happens to be left over in those uninitialized 32 bits.

None of that affects the real bug, which depending on the ABI might be the fact that those 32 bits are uninitialized, but more likely is the fact that those 32 bits matter, which in turn might be a bug in the called routine or might be a gcc bug in compiling the called routine.