Re: Should I be able to build cross gcc 4.x on Cygwin?

Rick Mann wrote:

> I seem to be building GCC now under Cygwin. However, it's going VERY
> slowly. The desktops we have here are generations behind my MacBook
> Pro, it appears.

Cygwin imposes a sometimes significant performance penalty as a tradeoff
for being able to use POSIX apis on a system where they don't exist, so
this is expected.  Particularly, the fork/exec sequence that is at the
heart of POSIX process creation is extremely slow under Cygwin, and
shell scripts that spawn many subprocesses this way suffer the most.

> This is really a newlib question, but traffic seems light on that list.
>
> How can i get the combined build to not build multilib versions of
> newlib, but rather, just one version that matches the targeted
> processor?
>
> Is it enough to specify
>
> --disable-multilib

That is always what I've used (at the toplevel configure) and it seems
to work fine.

Brian