Re: Installing GNU G++ compiler on Mac OS

Hi!

Parvathi Kumar wrote:
> I'm a brand new Mac user, and found that I need to
> install the gcc compiler on my machine, since typing
> "man gcc" always gives "No manual entry for gcc".

The easiest way to get GCC on Your Mac is to install Xcode:

	http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/

You need to register there to download. However, Xcode is also contained
in one of the OSX DVDs. Besides tons of other stuff, Xcodes comes with
GCC 4.0.

If You like to use a more recent version, You can build it yourself
using the GCC shipped with Xcode. Detailed instructions on this can be
found on the GCC project website.

Hope this helps..

Best regards,

Alexander Wieder