Re: AW: Re: Bug? access to copy-constructor for operator= needed in gcc-4.0

debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am not convinced. 8.5.3 is about reference initialization, while m_a is neither a reference nor are we talking about initialization here. To me, this is just plain assignment.

the reference binding occurs in the call to the copy assignment operator.

So, I'd still say A() is plain construction of a temporary, and then according to 5.17 the copy assignment operator of m_a should be called (it is important here that we are not talking about initialization).

you are ignoring the binding of the copy asignment operator's arguments.

nathan

nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk