Re: Hurry! compile question about switch case statement in GCC2.96

I use GCC 2.96 in Tornado2.2 to compile it, following is assemble code dump from obj file,
disassemble with -dr and you'll see the relocation information too.

following is code and data section of program,
compare it to data seciton of obj, I find memory have been modified, from relative address to absolute address of instruction.
what has changed from relative to absolute? could you hightlight the instruction or data, I don't see anything wrong.

My question is why Linker know how much address of instruction will be modified,
the object file contains relocation information.

If this doesn't answer you, could you explain what the problem is? You've described a change, but not how it effects you.

nathan

nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk