Re: Internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 07:01, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to finish a quick job, but with my
> g++ version 3.3 (prelease, Suse 8.2) I got
> a compiler segmentation fault. So I downloaded

On the occasions I have encountered a segfault using gcc, it has invariably
been due to a hardware fault with my system.  Gcc has been the best hardware
diagnostic tool I have encountered, but I have no idea why it should be so
sensitive in this way.  Others have had a similar experience.  Whilst it may
not always be the case, it could be a good idea to run a comprehensive memory
test, etc on your machine on the offchance you are having a similar
experience.

Regards,

Andy Lees.