Re: Internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

> Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to finish a quick job, but with my
> > g++ version 3.3 (prelease, Suse 8.2) I got
> > a compiler segmentation fault. So I downloaded
> > the newest version (3.3) and got a similar error:
> >
> > > make TestDebug
> > g++ -c -I/h/21/GemeinsameBasis/ZentralesArchiv/Hilfsprogramme/C++Bibliothek TestDebug.cpp
> > /home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.3/include/c++/3.3/iostream:297: internal compiler error: Segmentation
> >    fault
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> Please follow those instructions and report a bug.

did so

> > make: *** [TestDebug.o] Fehler 1
> >
> > > g++ -v
> > Reading specs from /home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.3/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/specs
> > Configured with: /home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.3/configure --enable-threads=posix --enable-long-long --prefix=/home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.3 --with-local-prefix=/home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/Include_3.3 --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-nls --enable-shared
> > Thread model: posix
> > gcc version 3.3
> >
> > I wonder whether someone has seen this before, and knows a quick
> > work around?!
>
> I'm sorry, there is no hint of what you are trying to do, so I can't
>     figure out an alternative approach, (except perhaps using gcc
>     3.2.2 instead)
>
> If you would post a short description of what you are trying to do,
>     and short example code that reproduces the problem, it will be
>     much less difficult for someone to help you.

unfortunately, there is nothing to say about the error than the above output:
The error appears erratically over all possible places (that is, in the line

/home/kullmann/csoliver/GCC/gcc-3.3/include/c++/3.3/iostream:297: internal compiler error: Segmentation

most of my own files can appear instead of "iostream", when deleting some stuff in order to localise
the compiler error).

Therefore it doesn't look sensible to me to try to explain the (rather) large project, since the compiler
error doesn't seem to be connected to anything particular in it.

Oliver