[ gaim-Support Requests-981282 ] Yahoo over proxy unable to read

Support Requests item #981282, was opened at 2004-06-28 07:26
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=981282&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using Gaim .79 from fedora core 1, over http proxy.
When connecting to yahoo (AOL works just fine using the
same proxy, hence the global proxy settings are fine in
Gaim), times out with an 'unable to read' message.

The connection to yahoo works just fine when i connect
from a network that does not use a proxy. Almost looks
like to me that it is having an issue when trying to
create the buddy list .

Can you please help me to get this to connect ?

Please find below the messages i got when i ran gaim -d
(I have replaced the proxy names).

dns: Host 'xxxxxx' resolved
http proxy: Connecting to scs.msg.yahoo.com:80 via
xxxxxx:80 using HTTP
http proxy: Connect would have blocked.
http proxy: proxy connection established
yahoo: Only wrote -1 of 35 bytes!accounts: Writing
accounts to disk.
account: Disconnecting account 0x8c284c0
connection: Disconnecting connection 0x8c9a1a0
blist: Destroying
connection: Destroying connection 0x8c9a1a0
Session Management: Handling closed ICE connection... done.
Session Management: Connection closed.