[ gaim-Support Requests-1397068 ] Can't Connect to SIP Messaging Service in 2.0.0 Beta1

Support Requests item #1397068, was opened at 2006-01-04 12:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jamieedwards
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1397068&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using 2.0.0 Beta 1 and I am trying to use the SIP
messaging to connect to our corporate instant messaging
server.  Formerly, I used Windows Messenger 5.1.  The
configuration I am using in Windows Messenger is:

Checked "My contacts include users of a SIP
Communications Service"
Server Name or IP Address:
instantmessage.noamer.<company>.com
Connect Using:
TCP
Sign-In Name:
jamie.edwards@<company>.com
Username:
<NT Domain>\jamieedwards
Password:
<My NT Domain Password>

I am not exactly sure how these options map to the
options in GAIM.  I have tried using my Sign-In Name in
the "Screen Name" field, but it fails to connect (it
also shows the name of the account as
jamie.edwards@<company>.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<company>.com,
that doesn't seem right).  I also tried variations of
my Username (with and without the NT domain in it).
I am currently unable to determine the exact cause of
the connection failure, as it crashes when it fails to
connect (see bug 1392791 - datallah assured me that
this should be taken care of now - not sure where to
download a newer version that doesn't crash though).
Am I trying to connect to a service that isn't
compatible with this version of GAIM or is this
supposed to work properly?  I would assume that our
instant messaging service should be compatible as a
colleague of mine uses Trillian Pro with the SIP
instant messaging plugin and is able to connect without
any difficulties.