[Gaim-support] [ gaim-Support Requests-1089880 ] Gaim perl plugin sending message issue

Support Requests item #1089880, was opened at 2004-12-22 12:02
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1089880&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On the win32 platform (haven't tested linux yet) I use
the following way to send a message to a buddy
(irrelevant, I hoped, of whether or not there is a chat
session window).

sub send_message {
  my($destination, $message) = @_;
  foreach my $acct (Gaim::accounts) {
    if ($acct->is_connected) {
      if
(Gaim::Conversations::find_with_account($destination,
$acct)) {
        Gaim::Conversation::IM::send($im, $message);
      } else {
        $im = Gaim::Conversation::IM::new($acct,
$destination);
	Gaim::Conversation::IM::send($im, $message);
      }
    }
  }
}

(I have the feeling the 'find_with_account' is not even
necessary, one can always use
Gaim::Conversation::IM::new, since it also checks
whether there already exists a chat session window)

This works fine, until I close the chat window. The
next time this subroutine is called the program crashes
and takes down gaim as well.

It might be the case, when I close the chat window, a
pointer still remains in the list gaim::ims, though it
became an illegal pointer and that's why it goes wrong
(the next send message uses the illegal pointer instead
of creating a new chat session and the program crashes).

Is there anyone who can help me with this?
Thanks in advance,
Sjors.