Re: Submitting patches to xfstests based on OSDI '18 paper (CrashMonkey)

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:09:01PM -0500, Jayashree Mohan wrote:

> > Wait, let me get it straight. Did crashmonkey produce 300 test cases or
> > did it find 300 bugs? Are all those test cases passing on all filesystems?
> > Some test cases failing on some filesystems?
>
> CrashMonkey generates 300 workloads, out of which 3 tests result in
> bugs in two file systems (btrfs and F2FS). Others passed clean for
> ext4, xfs, btrfs and F2FS. Given that xfstest is a regression test
> suite, we thought it would be beneficial to add all 300 workloads to
> the generic test -

Perhaps you should port a test or two so we can have a look at what
these tests are before we make any recomendations on the best way to
integrate them. 300 new tests is an awful lot to maintain if we ever
want to change anything....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]