Re: matching multiple families in <alias> and <test>

Akira TAGOH wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Raimund Steger<rs@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
[...]

i. e. prepend/append occurs around the leftmost/rightmost actually matching
family of the list that was specified in the original pattern.

Aha. that looks reasonable to me. particularly if the result is
considered as the intersection of the given pattern and the string
sets in<test>.

Right, that was the word :-)
But I don't think it's a good idea anymore, because I can't think of any way to consistently deal with "assign" edits then.

What I can also think of (at least for<alias>), is to not use FcOpComma,
but create as many FcTest objects (and add all of them with FcConfigAddEdit)
in FcParseAlias as there are families in the upper part of<alias>, thus
simulating what a user would do creating separate rules for all of them.

Sure. that would be an idea though, as it's documented,<alias>  has to
be kept as a syntactic sugar. so needs to change the behavior of
FcOpComma then.

True, it's not a good approach to invalidate existing user-knowledge about the relationship of <alias> and <match>.

Maybe when going through the FcOpComma operands, one could tag the matching FcValueList's somehow and loop precisely over them for the following prepend/append/assign edits.

Raimund