Re: Installing fonts

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:01:08 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le mardi 10 avril 2007 à 17:50 +0100, Thomas Worthington a écrit :
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:43:40 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ask on #dejavu, the folks there are pretty knowledgeable about the apps
> that fail to digest their fonts

So, you don't personally know of any apps which work correctly on common
fonts such as Eurostile, Helvetica, and Frutiger? Is that right?

I'm not interested enough in this problem to remember which apps work
and which do not.

I'm not asking for a list of all applications divided into those which work and which do not; I'm asking for a single example of a program which uses fontconfig and does not stumble over common everyday fonts.

I'm interested enough to have tried to understand why
it happens, and remembered the answer, but that's about it.

Your answer was to claim that all bugs in font handling are at the app level; when asked for any evidence of that, all you do is shrug your shoulders and say you're not interested enough to explain yourself. Either you know from using applications that correctly handle fonts that it is not the fault of fontconfig, or you do not know where the problem lies. If it's the former then why not say?

Thomas