Re: fontconfig configuration file

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

Use strace -f to follow all children. (Be sure to capture stderr.) And then search through the tens of thousands of lines for what triggered the error.

When I do that I get a fatal error that X cannot copy its old log file to .old... I don't know why, but it really is the -f switch that causes the error.

Start X server without any clients except just a single xterm (that is not built with libfontconfig). Then do a strace to start up other apps.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/