Re: fontconfig configuration file

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

That makes me think that you have multiple libfontconfig installed -- some using non-existent config.

I did a locate and there is only one libfontconfig on my system.

locate doesn't tell you what is currently on your system -- unless you rebuild the locate database immediately before running locate.

 strings /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so | egrep "/.*(conf|font)"

Or wherever your libfontconfig is at.

That worked for me on two systems to show where my configuration directory was at.

It returns
/fonts.cache-1
~/.fonts.cache-1
/etc/fonts
/usr/share/fonts

there is a config file in /etc/fonts, but not in /usr/share/fonts, that directory doesn't exist.

what to do now?

Use strace -f to follow all children. (Be sure to capture stderr.) And then search through the tens of thousands of lines for what triggered the error.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/