Re: automated notification for fio releases

On 10/31/18 11:05 AM, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 20:26, Vincent Fu <vincentfu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know of a means to be automatically notified of new fio
releases?

I have seen Jens post announcements via Twitter, but that is not a
social media platform I actively use. As far as I can tell, Github does
not provide a means to be notified of new releases.

Perhaps the solution is to monitor http://brick.kernel.dk/snaps/ for new
fio shortlog files.

I think there are few things that are doing monitoring of this.
Repology ( https://repology.org/metapackage/fio/packages ) seems to
have some way of knowing, Fedora seem to use
https://release-monitoring.org/project/806/ and I think Debian have
their own watcher (https://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/watch?pkg=fio ). You
might also be able to tell via github
(https://github.com/axboe/fio/releases and I think there are atom
feeds off that page).

Thanks, Sitsofe. That helps a lot. I am actually seeking to be notified via email of new releases.

I signed up to be notified of fio release-monitoring.org changes via Fedora notifications (https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications), although the filter I created only produced example matches with fio-3.8 and did not pick up any later releases.

I also set up an IFTTT rule to receive email messages when updates are made to the github fio release atom feed (https://github.com/axboe/fio/releases.atom).

Finally, I signed up to be notified via https://newreleases.io/.

With any luck I should be bombarded with notifications when fio 3.12 is tagged.