Re: fio rbd completions (Was: fio rbd hang for block sizes > 1M)

On 30/10/14 21:04, Ketor D wrote:
Hi Mark,
       Could you do a fio test in your env with the busy_poll=1 ?
I am very interested in the busy_poll result. Thanks!

Sure:

blocksize k | head iops     |  head iops (busy_pool=1)
4           |  11114        |  12608
128         |   4551        |   6422
1024        |   1195        |   1175
4096        |    320        |    316

So looks like the busy_pool=1 improves performance for small and mid range blocksizes but is a little slower at the larger end.

However there are a lot of variables here - I'm using iodepth=32 for instance, and altering that may change the pattern I'm seeing, also a system with more osd's may bring out different behaviours as it runs the fio client out of available cpu power in the smaller block sizes.

Regards

Mark