Re: fio rbd completions (Was: fio rbd hang for block sizes > 1M)

On 2014-10-27 22:49, Ketor D wrote:
Agree. Busy loop is only for test.
I will try the current git.

Committed two more rbd changes:

- Add support for rbd_invalidate_cache() (if it exists)
- Use rbd_aio_is_complete() instead of using fri->io_complete. The latter should have some locking to ensure it's always seen, so it's better to use the API provided function to determine whether this IO is done or not.

Unless we often hit the complete race, I would not expect this to make much of a difference. But it's worth testing in any case, especially since my two attempts at setting up ceph + rbd have failed miserably. So I still can't test myself.

--
Jens Axboe