Re: fio rbd completions (Was: fio rbd hang for block sizes > 1M)

On 30/10/14 03:31, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 2014-10-29 01:15, Ketor D wrote:
Hi, Jens,

There is cmdline parse bug in the fio rbd test.

I have fixed this and create a pull request on the github.

Please review.

After fix the bugs, the fio test can run.

I merged your two pull requests (thanks!) and committed a polished
variant of the sort patch. Ketor and Mark, would you mind both running a
quick benchmark on the current -git head?

Better late than never (sorry), comparing with the 'original' fio code containing the usleep(100):

blocksize k | head iops     | orig iops
4           |  11114        |  11516
128         |   4551        |   6550
1024        |   1195        |   1248

So we do pretty much the same except in the middle blocksize range (I checked again with the old binary just to rule out any other changes on the ceph end...).

Regards

Mark