Re: fio rbd completions (Was: fio rbd hang for block sizes > 1M)

On 2014-10-29 20:50, Ketor D wrote:
Hi Jens,

The current code runs good!

Test Conf: jobs=1 iodepth=1 bs=4k

if busy_poll = 1, IOPS is 38989.
if busy_poll = 0, IOPS is 33031.

And busy_poll=0 test result looks no difference from the old code than
do not have sorted events wait.

Good to hear! I think we can safely say that we've pushed rbd as far as we can. At least on the fio side. Still appears to be some suboptimal parts of the librbd API. And the kernel rbd driver could definitely be improved a lot as well. Using busy_poll on the user side gets rid of a sleep/wakeup cycle at that end, but the kernel driver still punts and offloads any work item to a work queue...

Thanks for all your testing through this, really appreciated!

--
Jens Axboe