Re: Limit LBA Range

On 2014-09-30 03:17, Andrey Kuzmin wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Jon Tango <cheerios123@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The same thing could be done by partitioning the SSD in the operating system with the desired partition size, and then running a time-based fio job against the partition.

Basically, fio options offset/size should yield the same net result, but I'm always unsure on what is the actual effect of mixing size and time_based in a single job, and whether fio will wrap around the specified size to the specified offset if the job is time-based. HOWTO could have used some clarification on size/time_based interaction.

Regards,
Andrey