Re: IOPS higher than expected on randwrite, direct=1 tests

* John Cagle <jcagle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the disk is 2TB, then your 100GB test is only using 5% of it-- thus
> your observed IOPS will be a lot better than expected due to
> short-stroking.  Right?

I don't know. The inital 80 IOPS (observed over about 2 full minutes)
made me believe that 100GB would have covered a high enough percentage
to at least eliminate track-to-track seeks. Are short-stroked seeks also
that much faster compared to average seek times? And where would the
steady increase in IOPS during the test come from?

But you are definitly right when it comes to the test setup. I just
started a test with size=1800g. Looking foward to what that will show.

Thanks!

Sebastian