Re: management of this list

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

I'm not going to get into this discussion again, other than to refer
you to the previous thread

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2007-May/msg00021.html

That's one reply I did not see. I have seen the article it links to, and I don't agree with some of its basic assumptions.

To quote Markus

 "This just replaces one set of problems with a different set of
  arguably worse problems, shifting the annoyance from one set of people
  (which includes John) to another set (which includes me)."

So no, it won't be changing.

If all email clients shipped by RH and Fedora were "reasonable mailers" as assumed by Chip, I really wouldn't care so much.

I could almost cope if the version of mailman Red Hat's using would gaily send me so-called duplicates, but it won't. I've checked my configuration.

Whatever _I_ do, I miss replies others make. If you, Dan, choose "group reply" or "reply to all,"[1] I often don't get it. I've never seen value in off-list replies, except for very rare cases where, maybe highlighting someone's ignorance might embarrass them, but they need to be put straight.

I for one would be happy if my email address never went to email lists; the fact it does is the reason I need to apply antispam to this domain.

[1] I don't see the point of those wrt _this_ list. Mutt users might try L to reply to the list.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait