management of this list

there are some things I don't like about the way this list is implemented, the
key one being that it's set to default to sending replies off-list.

My preferred email clients (Thunderbird and Seamonkey) do not have any means
of sending replies only to the list, so I find myself sometimes sending
replies I intend for the list, off-list.

Worse, I miss replies to some of my queries; I've seen replies in the archives
that haven't made it to me.

I have visited https://www.redhat.com/mailman/options/fedora-xen and
turned "Avoid duplicate copies of messages" off, but still miss replies.

The whole issue would be solved, both for incoming and outgoing email, if the
default list behaviour was changed to send replies to the list; this is
appropriate for a discussion such as this.

Please, Could this be done?
--

John Summerfield