Re: Boot fails with 2.6.20-295.10.fc7

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
Ok, have just read up on 64 bit Fedora and have concluded that (as I use
this machine as a day to day workstation) I probably can't switch to the
64 bit kernel easily.

I use quite a large mix of applications, so it is likely that the 64 bit
kernel will cause me other problems even if it fixes my Xen issue.  So
my strong preference is to stick with the 32 bit kernel

Is there a particular application which could be a problem? Usually it's a matter of wanting to run a 32 bit browser so that proprietary plugins will work (yes, I'm looking at you Adobe). 32 bit apps in general should run fine on a 64 bit kernel, provided you install the relevant 32 bit libs.

Rich.