Re: optimizing systemd, was: f15 no longer starts

2011/3/20 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@xxxxxxxxx>
W dniu 20 marca 2011 20:54 użytkownik cornel panceac
<cpanceac@xxxxxxxxx> napisał:

> 2011/3/20 Genes MailLists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> On 03/20/2011 03:43 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>>

>> > In a stable distribution such situation would not be possible because
>> > of the whole testing procedures etc.
>> >
>> > But of course there should be a way to avoid such situation. I hope
>> > that Lennart will find a good way to solve this problem soon.
>> >

>>  Then make the variable timeout default to 30 secs - so worst case
>> services get started and system runs ... individual services which
>> actually require the pre-requisite - can change the timeout variable to
>> demand pre-req is satisfied - of course even these will presumably fail
>> (hopeflly gracefully).
>>
>>  So the answer seems to be implement a timeout for pre-requisites and
>> default it to something sensible - ... fixup any upstart files as needed
>> - since the systemd unit files are all new anyway - we should be fine
>> with this.
>>
> although i understand the general idea about systemd, i believe that in
> fedora's case there has to be a plan which says who starts when, and what
> requires what. then, if thngs don't go that well, as it happened with this
> rsyslog update, the plan can be imporved.
> --
Unfortunately it is not so simple. For example we have a service
After=syslog.target network.target
and for some reason network configuration takes longer than 30 seconds
so the service does not start when default timeout will be short and
will cover all dependences.

what happens if you replace After= with Wants= ?