Re: Request for Fedora QA Group

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 15:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 15:41:27 -0400,
>   James Laska <jlaska@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 16:35 -0300, iarly selbir wrote:
> > > AFAIK, this group isn't used by the real QA members, instead we have
> > > both triagers, fedorabugs and proventesters for testers purposes.
> >
> > That's correct.   Iarly lists the actively managed Fedora QA FAS groups.
> > Any other groups are ignored / not used.
>
> Is there some reason to keep that group?

I can't think of one right now, other than the possibility that at some
point we may have a need for process/access the is restricted to a
subset of QA members.  But as it stands now, there aren't any secret QA
process or tools that require special group membership.

Perhaps it would make sense to change the group to be invite only, and
update the group description to note this is not an actively managed
group?

Thanks,
James