Re: Part of characters missing

Jim Bevier <jim <at> jbsys.com> writes:

Hi,
First, make sure you are up-to-date with packages ('yum check-update').

I think you have to check if the problem has to do with character sets or fonts
configured in Konsole.
Somewhere in the menu you should be able to select and play with them (UTF*,
non-UTF, etc).

Normally we reinstall a package in question, but Konsole is part of KDE base.
So it is up to you, but otherwise you will never know if that fixes it ('yum
reinstall kdebase').

Next, filing a bug report.
You can do it easy way, from Konsole select Help->Report Bug...
Or use web page:
http://konsole.kde.org/bugs.php
The bug is pretty well documented (include your findings about Alt+Fn console,
xterm, GNOME terminal, Konsole for comparison).

JB