Re: heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Tom Horsley wrote:

> You left out removing the fanatical devotion to releasing every six months
> :-). I've really never understood that one. Why is virtually everything
> subordinate to getting a release out at an artificial deadline? Why not
> just release when there appears to be enough things working to justify a
> new release?

Excellent point. F13 may be a great release for developers, but for consumers
it is a real dud. It doesn't offer anything new or different, just the promise
or allure of some background stability issues resolved, perhaps. F14 without
systemd will be about the same.