Using Two Monitors In Fedora 13 -- Apps "Follow The Cursor"

I use Fedora on a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. 99.999% of the time, the
laptop is connected to a Dell docking station and that has a Dell
2408WFP-HC 24" monitor connected to it. I try to move my application
screens to the larger monitor.

On Fedora 12, if I start Thunderbird and then quickly move the cursor to
the large monitor instead of the laptop's monitor, the Thunderbird
screen will open on the larger monitor. The app screen seems to "follow
the cursor". I wish it would just open on the larger monitor when one is
connected, by default.

Firefox seems to have this behavior also. I'm unsure of OpenOffice
Writer's exact behavior on Fedora 12 but it seems to be like this as well.

On Fedora 13, if I start Thunderbird and quickly move the cursor to the
larger monitor, the application screen flashes on the large monitor as
an empty white box, then it actually opens on the laptop's monitor. I
have to manually move the application screen to the larger monitor.

On Fedora 13, Firefox seems to start on the laptop's monitor no matter
where the cursor is.

OpenOffice Writer on Fedora 13 seems to remember which monitor it was
last used on when it is started.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Bob Cochran