Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 13 RC #1 testing open

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 19:28 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Fedora 13 Final RC1 is now becoming available [1].  Please refer to the
> > following pages for download links and testing instructions. At present,
> > i386 DVD, split CD and netinst images are available: x86-64 images and
> > live images will be available in due course.
> >
> Should I expect a system installed from the pre-beta and updated to current to
> be equivalent? Clearly that doesn't help the install testing, but I assume that
> all other packages are the same, unless you say they're not.

No, it won't be entirely the same, as you'll have packages from
updates-testing (updates-testing was enabled out of the box on F13
installs prior to RC1). Some of these haven't passed testing and made it
into dist-f13, so you've got packages actually 'newer' than what's in
the official F13 builds. Most of those will make it in as F13 updates
sooner or later, but for now, they're not part of the F13 package set.
To help with the desktop testing, please do a fresh install or use the
live image (RC2). Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey