Re: 'Disk Sleep' Problem

On 04/26/2010 08:11 AM, cornel panceac wrote:

2010/4/26 Petrus de Calguarium <kwhiskerz@xxxxxxxxx>
Rares Aioanei wrote:

> PowerDevil is KDE-specific

I realize that I did not disable Power Devil. I checked and the setting is only
to disable screen powersaving.

I am not sure why the problem has not returned since I disabled screen
powersaving, but so far, after the greater part of a day, all is fine.

maybe the drive realocated sectors.

If the disk reallocated sectors, as Cornel said, that is yet another sign that the drive is failing. The higher the reallocated sector count is, the
greater the probability that the drive is dying. So again, expect trouble.