Bug zapper priorities [was Re: theora screencasting not working in F12]

Adam Williamson wrote:
Unfortunately we don't have enough manpower in the Bugzappers group yet
to ensure all bugs get looked at. At present we only try to guarantee
coverage for a range of core components, which doesn't yet include
libtheora.

This is of course a way of implying that we need more Bugzappers =) If
we had enough, we could try to provide triage coverage for all reported
bugs. Which would lead to this sort of thing getting handled better,
most likely.

If you have some control over what gets attention I suggest that you add gparted and company to your list. Not that it is heavily used, but it is used in the installer and mistakes can be a disaster. I had a problem in expanding an ntfs partition. No one got back to me for more information for one month. In the meantime I solved my problem another way (I needed a working machine) and don't have the information requested. The bug was closed as not enough info. A more timely request for info would have helped the Fedora project.