Re: Alpha F11 wont install via NFS on i386 testbed (rawhide still hosed too)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

The system boots and goes through the motions of starting up to the point of starting X, then the system hangs hard. I have posted my grub.conf in fedora-test-list noteing that F10 NFS works, but F11-Alpha and rawhide don't go beyond starting X-Windows.

That could be caused by something entirely different than NFS and sounds more like an X problem to me. I suggest you look at the other screens ctrl-alt-F2, ctrl-alt-F3, etc and see if there is any useful error messages. You could also try a text only install - add text to the boot arguments - to see if it is actually X where the problem lies.

Post your findings to whatever bug report you opened about this on http://bugzilla.redhat.com .

	Michael Young