Re: Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

John Summerfield wrote:

Finally, when all is said and done, security is _my_ problem.

Depends. People usually crack a system and then use it as a gateway to crack other systems. Then it becomes more of a global issue.

I do
expect that any sensible operating system will include tools to manage security and documentation of those tools, but it should be _my_ choice whether root can login, whether control-alt-bs kills X and whether system-req+B does an instant reboot.

Correct. All that has been changed is the default. You can very well flip it back with some trivial configuration change.

Rahul