Re: Announcing Fedora 11 Alpha (blink)

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM, John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

---- snip ---

 X Server

The key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server has been disabled by default. To get this behaviour back, add the the line

Option "DontZap" "false"

The time people find this has the wrong setting and that they need to change it us when the GUI has frozen and control-alt-bs doesn't work. They, they will assume it's just too frozen.

Please make this default to "true." False _might_ be okay in RHEL, but I have my doubts even then. At least the audience is different and the arguments for "false" a little stronger.

contrl-alt-backspace is way better than the reset button (if it exists) or the power switch, and those are the next choices for the trapped user or sysadmin.

 Cheers
John

-- snip --

I agree with John on this statement. Please don't disable this feature by default. After all what is the purpose of disabling such a great feature?