Re: desktop update failure (F9beta)

Regarding the / too small problem:

There was also a problem where the package filesystems referenced something to do with the size of the root directory. Were you trying to update the filesystems rpm when you received the error?

A problem was experienced by someone on the Fedora triage list regarding filesystems during a version ugrade using yum. I cannot recall the exact size of / which was required by filesystems.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the person ever filed a bug report on the issue.

Just another possible reason the error might have been experienced. It is only the package updater honoring the rpm requirements if filesystems is the cause of the / being too small.

Jim