Re: desktop update failure (F9beta)

Joe Smith wrote:
Andrew Farris wrote:
I saw this issue with PackageKit prior to version 0.1.10, which you probably did not have yet if you were updating from a fresh beta install. If you have PK newer than 0.1.10 now then try updating with it next time and see if it can complete the transaction.

Ok, thanks.

That batch of updates I did with yum included PackageKit-0.1.11-1 and the corresponding gnome-packagekit, so I'll see what happens with the next update.

Updates today with 0.1.11; no improvement.

From the panel icon, I chose "Update system". It downloaded the packages, started the transaction check, and failed again. This time I got a visible notification window, but as soon as I clicked on it, it closed and I got an "Update finished" window.

Better, but still not so smooth handling a failure.

Re-running the update from the menu led me back to the error notification. It turns out to be a disk space issue: 70 more Mb needed on /.

A root fs needing >300Mb of disk space still makes no sense to me.

I think I'm going to drop x86_64 and re-install as i386. The duplication of libraries and other nuisances aren't worth the (as I understand) minimal gains for a desktop.

<Joe