Re: Some things to focus testing on for F9Beta

John Summerfield wrote:

Richard mentioned a specific example where the package didn't seem to have had even a rudimentary test, and I thought you were defending the packager.

Then you thought wrong. I was explaining the general scenario. Not a specific instance. The specific instance doesn't fail any rudimentary test anyway IMO. It installs, removes and updates packages just fine. Sure, there are UI bugs and I have been filing them one by one. Remember, we are talking about rawhide, the development version of Fedora.

Of course there are many. One example would be

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-March/msg00010.html

That's _after_ it's released to users. Richard's example was one that should not have gone that far.

Packages in the development, updates-testing repository can be tested and feedback provided which determines whether it goes released or not to general users.

Rahul