Re: Some things to focus testing on for F9Beta

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Richard Hally wrote:

Many maintainers are busy and prioritizing things. The large majority of them are volunteers.

Even volunteers should expect to do their best, and to commit to what they can do in the available time; I don't volunteer to do package maintenance because, over time, I don't think I'd do it well.

I _would_ expect the Fedora project to have some procedures in place to minimise the likelihood of software that plain doesn't work getting released.

At one time I was doing some work on IBM's PL/1 compiler, and we had some thousands of tests that it had to pass before release beyond the development team.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait